Family Fun is a session that Anthony Road Children Centre provides during half term holidays. They are for parents/carers and their children aged 0-11 years (there must be an under 5 in the family). We provide many creative activities including painting, mark making, clay modelling and much more including cooking and physical activities. We also do Healthy walks to the park and incorporate library visits where possible.
We provide sessions in all of our three areas:
- Saltley - Anthony Road Children’s Centre
- Bordesley Green - Saltley Wellbeing Centre
- Ward End - Sunshine End Children’s Centre.
We provide one day at each site per week and the sessions are 1-3. They are free of charge to come along to (please note your postcode must be within our catchment area otherwise there will be a 15minute wait-spaces for those out of area cannot be guaranteed).
Some of the comments about our family fun sessions are as follows:
- “It was a productive session. I learned how to cook flapjacks, did some outdoor play and learned how to make healthy snacks”
- ‘My children really enjoyed today and so did I’
- ‘There was a good range of facilities and snack time encourages children to eat healthy food’
- ‘The painting and singing were good. My son enjoyed singing”’
Parents and children really enjoy coming along to our sessions. Some of our previous sessions have included:
Sports Day: Sports Day was held on Friday 18th August at Saltley Wellbeing Centre. It was held outdoor on their big field. This was a great opportunity for the whole family to get involved. There were many races including Egg and Spoon race, Moms race, Dads race, Staff race, over 5 years race and under 5 race. There were also various activities around the field for children to participate in. Children and parents all really enjoyed the sports day.
Fun Day 4th August 2017: A Fun Day was held at Anthony Road Children’s Centre on Friday 4th August 2017. The theme was Mad Hatters Tea Party. The Fun Day was held in the car park and there were many activities for all to enjoy. This included a bouncy castle, slide, hook a duck, a book sale, a raffle, a tea cup merry go round, food stalls, photo booth and many more. All parents and children that attended really enjoyed the day.
Stay and Play: Stay and Play sessions are provided for children Under 5 years of age. They help support school readiness and enable a smooth transition from home to setting. Stay and Plays are a fun way for your children to explore and develop taking part in many activities from painting to role play. Activities are varied weekly and we always take into account what the child wants. We have Stay and Plays for all ages of children. The details are as follows:
· Under 2’s Stay and Play- Sensory based session to support the development of the Under 2’s.
· Physical Fizz-Aims to support Physical Development to include dancing, singing, actions songs and outdoor play.
· Little Talkers- The Little Talker’s group is a targeted service for children with speech delays.
· Stay and Play- a generic Stay and Play for all ages under 5. Activities are planned according to the EYFS and promote school readiness with the session mirroring a nursery routine to ensure a smooth transition.
Sessions are planned according to the EYFS and activities are planned to children’s interests and world global activities to include:
· Healthy lifestyles and many more.
Some of the feed back we have had from parents:
- ‘We enjoy coming here, everyone is friendly’
- ‘Thanks so much for everything today. Especially the staff; your help is really nice’
- ‘Rabia enjoys coming here, she loves playing with all of the activities’
- ‘Excellent session, we really enjoyed the activities’
- 'We have been coming for two months and it has become a routine. My daughter, having an older daughter at school calls it her nursery school and she has settled in and adjusted well. She loves the activities, loves having me here and most of all it’s a fantastic session for the children’s development and learning and prep for nursery in September.'
- ‘It was really nice coming here today. The children enjoyed a lot. They loved doing colouring and decorating cards’
For more information about any of our stay and plays, please call Jenna or a member of the early years team on 0121 675 7266.